Iowa Care For Worth County

Community Health Center of Fort Doge

126 North 10th Street

Fort Dodge, IA  50501


What types of medical care are paid by IowaCare?

  1. Inpatient hospital care whey you are admitted and stay at least one night
  2. Outpatient hospital care when you are seen and are able to go home the same day
  3. Doctor and nursing services at the hospital
  4. Primary care at your assigned Medical Home
  5. Some dental services
  6. Yearly physicals (restrictions apply)
  7. Prenatal care (restrictions apply
  8. Help to quit tobacco (restrictions apply)

IMPORTANT:  Medical providers do not have to offer all of the services on the above list.  IowaCare is a limited benefit program.  It's a good idea to ask about what will be paid for when you call to make an appointment.


Is medicine covered?
Not unless it is part of a covered inpatient stay at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics or Broadlawns Medical Center. Outpatient drugs may be available through your Medical Home at a reduced cost through programs operated by lowaCare network providers.

What medical care is not covered
by lowaCare?
lowaCare pays for limited services. Check with your provider to make sure the medical care will be paid before starting any treatment.

Transportation: Transportation including
ambulance services is not covered. The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics has a 1
transportation service to and from appointments there. This service is offered by appointment only. Call: 319-356-2346.

Mental Health Services: lowaCare does not
cover mental health services. If you utilize the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics or Broadlawns for these types of services you may be responsible for the bill.

Are there any other costs?
There may be premiums (see page 4) and co- payments required for some lowaCare services. 1
Check with your provider to make sure what services are covered and what you may have to pay for before starting any treatment.

How can I qet prenatal care?
If you are pregnant you may be eligible for Medicaid. Please contact your local DHS office for more information.

How can I qet a yearly physical?
It is required that you have your yearly physical done at your Medical Home.
If you need advanced or specialty follow-up care as a result of your physical, your Medical Home may refer you to the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics or Broadlawns Medical Center, as appropriate.

Where can I get hospital care?
If your Medical Home is listed below, you will be referred to Broadlawns Medical Center in Des Moines for routine hospital care. If specialty care is needed, your Medical Home will refer you to the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. 
Broadlawns Medical Center 
Community Health Center of Fort Dodge 
Siouxland Community Health Center
Council Bluffs Community Health Center
Primary Health Care in Marshalltown
All other members will qo to the University of Iowa Hospital


Other Services
Nurse Helpline
For help in deciding if you need to go to the emergency room or use other health care services call: 1-866-890-5966.


For help quitting smoking call your Medical Home. You may also call Quitline Iowa at 1-800 Quit-Now/1-800784-8669.


Need help finding your local Department of Human Services (DHS) office? Have additional questions? Call Member Services at 1-800-3388366 or in Des Moines at 515-256-4606.

Do I have to pay for lowaCare?
When you applied for lowaCare you signed an agreement to pay premiums if you were eligible for coverage.
You may have a monthly premium. Premiums are based on household income. You will get a Notice of Decision that will tell you if you owe a premium.
You must stay in lowaCare and pay any premiums that you owe for at least the first four mandatory months. If you drop out of lowaCare, you will still owe premiums for the four mandatory months.

How do I pay my premium?
Premium payments are due by the end of each month. Use the self-addressed, stamped envelope included with your bill. You can get another envelope from the Member Services Call Center at 1-800-338-8366 or in Des Moines, 515-256-4606.
You may also mail your payment to the address below. Payments are due by the end of each month.
Mail your payment to:
Iowa Medicaid Enterprise lowaCare Premiums
P.O. Box 10391
Des Moines, IA 50306-0391
Please include your name and your lowaCare ID number on the check or money order. If it is not included, your payment will be delayed being credited to your account.

What if I can't afford to pay my
If you cannot afford to pay the premium for any month, be sure to mark this on your billing statement. This is called "declaring hardship". You must "declare hardship" and mail the statement back for each month that you cannot afford to pay the premium.
All you need to do is sign and date the hardship statement and mail it back in the return envelope provided.

Will I ever need to reapply for
Yes. You will be enrolled in lowaCare for 12 months. After that, you will need to reapply to continue your coverage. A renewal application will be mailed to you before the end of the twelve months.

What if I drop out of lowaCare and want
to reapply later?
You may drop out by calling your local DHS office and ask to have your lowaCare benefits canceled. You may reapply at any time. If you drop out during the first four months, any premiums owed for those months must still be paid unless you claim a hardship.

Will I get an lowaCare ID card?

Yes. You will get a paper ID card with your name and state ID number. If you are also on the Iowa Family Planning Network you will get a separate card for that program


      Worth County Courthouse
      1000 Central Ave
      Northwood IA 50459
      Life Worth Living
      Site Map |   Contact Us |  Powered by MunicipalCMS
      E-notify RSS Feeds